Connexica is a 员工ordshire-based data discovery and analytics solution provider. Connexica provide analytical software platforms to help organisations across Finance, Healthcare and Retail to make decisions based on a single, real-time, accurate view of their entire data estate. www.connexica.com
By the second quarter of 2018, over 13 million smart and advanced meters had been installed in homes and small businesses throughout the UK. The goal of smart meters is to provide energy feedback to consumers to promote energy saving behaviours. However, persistent savings from smart meters may be as little as 5% or below on average.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
This project will examine the usability of these visualisation technologies to achieve these goals, investigate the best methods to evaluate the visualisations developed to ensure their effectiveness with consumers, and explore techniques for delivering high performance visualisations to consumers without the need for new devices.
The project will use residents on Keele campus as one of the focus groups in order to gain feedback regarding the use of smart meters. Anonymised smart meter data can also be used as input to determine usage patterns and the results of the project could be used within 发送 to trial smart meter visualisation techniques.
Project progress (June 2019):
- Focus group surveys are currently being conducted.
- 研究 and review of current persuasive technologies and energy feedback completed.
- Investigation into User Centered Design as the model for the development.
- Evaluating prototypes of new visualisations.
- Paper accepted for presentation at the 16th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC 2019) – IEEE Smart World Congress 2019 in August 2019.
商业 联系(s): Mike Streeton
Keele Graduate 研究er: David Fredericks